Specialising in Boiler Servicing, Repairs and Landlord Gas Certificates

Carbon Monoxide Aware

Carbon Monoxide Facts (CO)


Carbon monoxide (CO) poisoning kills!
Around 600 people are admitted to hospital for CO poisoning
each year. It can have long and short term effects on you
and your familys health (pets included).

Spot the signs around your appliances

Learn how to spot the signs of a Carbon Monoxide leak around your appliance. Fortunately, although you can't see or smell Carbon Monoxide it's easy to identify signs that indicate there may be a strong risk of it being produced. Simply look at your gas or heating appliances.

Danger signs include:

Sooting or staining on or around your appliance Excessive condensation in the room where the appliance is installed Lazy yellow / orange coloured flames

Carbon Monoxide can also be present in smoke from solid fuel or oil appliances. If you are using a gas appliance that should have a crisp blue flame, such as a pilot light, look out for changes. If it turns to a lazy orange flame, the appliance may not be working correctly.

You are at risk of carbon monoxide poisoning if:

Your appliance is not working properly and efficiently. Your appliance has not been safety checked and serviced annually. There isnt enough fresh air in the room due to blocked vents, chimneys and flues. Your chimney or flue is blocked or has not been swept regularly. You allow untrained or individuals not qualified for the fuel or appliance to install or maintain your appliances There is no audible CO alarm fitted and working in your home